Working at DevFactory is an enriching experience. Here are some insights from key people at DevFactory about what it takes to make it big here.
Rahul on what’s expected
- You will be working with some of the smartest people around the globe – be a sponge, and learn.
- Expect to be pushed way beyond your comfort zone, that’s when you will learn the most.
- You will have to really have to rough it out, but at the end, the results and solutions you create will give you satisfaction like no other.
- The most important advice to anyone starting a career here is to learn to make decisions and not rely on someone else to make them for you. It is the single most important quality of leadership. Don’t be afraid of making mistakes.
Vaibhav on what it takes
- Get clarity of thought early in life, to steer yourself and the work you do in the right direction.
- There must be passion to deliver value in every little thing you do.
- An absolute must is dedication to work and to not be afraid to work harder. Constant evolution of oneself is key to quick growth.
Using the same principle as Henry Ford, DevFactory adapted the assembly line methodology when it came to creating software solutions. Breaking away from the archaic ways of functioning, we created a system that was purely based on the work done and the results achieved. This approach proved ideal in companies streamlining their processes and finally reaching a balance where scaling up meant spending less. At DevFactory, any member that can effectively optimize a certain part of our process is supported.
A few examples of the automated tools that we have created:
The code firewall sums up the DevFactory philosophy. It is a tool that prevents bad code to be checked in, thereby not allowing the code quality to decrease. Whenever a new code is added, code firewall automatically checks the quality metrics for the new code, compares it with the quality metrics of the current code and if the newer code has lower metrics than existing code, it rejects the new code. All these calculations and comparison happen in real time, so the person trying to add the code gets the feedback and can make the necessary changes.
The CloudBurst Test
This immaculately designed device helps to get automatic test cases to execute faster, thereby increasing the speed of development and testing and hence significantly enhances developer efficiency. It does so by automatically executing tests in parallel, rather than serially. As a result, hundreds of tests finish in minutes, rather than waiting for hours.
Why we automate heavily
Think of working without robots in factories and the importance of automation becomes evident. We heavily automate all our processes in our software development projects, so that the resulting huge benefits can translate into increased profitability for our clients. Automation of software development on huge enterprise software projects helps by:
- Breaking down complexities
- Reducing cost and human error
- Ensuring a high level of consistency
- Providing vividly detailed information
- Drastically cutting down the turnaround time
All DevFactory software is built on a revolutionary assembly-line platform called ALINE.
ALINE manages the flow of work in the factory, automates many tasks, performs constant quality control, gathers metrics, and enforces a rigorous process. This incredibly meticulous system calculates every single detail involved in making the process better.
ALINE features in a snapshot:
- This platform creates a system that can remain undeterred even through the strongest of fluxes.
- It also ensures that the optimal standards delivered by DevFactory remains constant.
- This software also helps in micromanaging the smallest details. It helps in documentation, identifying areas of growth and improvement and exploring new possibilities.